Monday, July 21, 2008

My Testimony

I became pregnant at age 16 and married in 10th grade. I gave premature birth to Kyle in July of 1988 and he changed my life completely. Never had I known a love like I felt the first time I saw him face to face. At that point my vision to make a way for us was birthed. Throughout a rocky marriage of verbal and physical abuse, my marriage ended when I was 21. Even though I had almost raised Kyle by myself, I was at this point truly alone and raising a confused and hurting 5 year old, not to mention the mess I was. I then welcomed the world as my love, comfort and so to speak divorced the God I barely knew to pursue a relationship with the world.

I still continued on "my way". I went through another abusive relationship and several relationships throughout the years and continued in the world adapting to every thing and enjoying everything it had to offer. I came to the end of my road in 2002. I was very depressed and had started on medication and came to a fork in my journey with two ways to choose. It was at that time God starting calling to me and drawing me. I for once, listened and drew close to Him. He was always there the whole time once I looked back. He always protected me, provided for us and always loved me.

At a prayermeeting in May of 2002, I said the prayer that changed my whole life. I, for the firstime felt the Holy Spirit and have been captivated by Him ever since. I then began a new way but this time it was Jesus' way. I can't say the way was easy. He never said it would be. He simply said I would never be alone.

I meet my husband finally after 2 1/2 years of praying. I meet him at his church while I was visiting and learning more sign language. He is deaf, for now. I am amazed how God prepared me so uniquely for him. We married 3 months later and will be married in November 4 years. We had our son Joshua in September of 2005 after a very hard and difficult pregnancy.

So here I am, Julie, God's maidservant. I am in awe of how He loved me faithfully and still continues to love me. I am so imperfect to serve Him, but somehow He still lets me. He made a way for me to come before Him and become a new creature. He is the way, the truth and defiantely the life. He is the life in me that makes this vessel of any value. We serve a very loving Lord.

I pray this ministered for God's glory and bear with me as I began in the world of blogging.

To God be all the glory and to God may we always go HIS WAY!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! What an amazing testimony! I am so blessed to know your family. You guys are an amazing example!!!

loni lamons hodge said...

i'm blessed to have met you, especially when i did. thank you for your encouraging words and mostly your prayers. i am happy to do what i can on wednesday nights, i know how precious worship time can be and i want to make sure you get your time!
your story is awesome and a true testiment to what our God is capable of. he, indeed, is AMAZING. i'm lifting you and shane up, now and always.