Monday, August 4, 2008

Facing Myself!

So to be honest, I failed in character and as a servant of the Most High. There was a situation which deeply hurt my mom; and as well, very much will affect my dad (which are divorced). I got too emotionally upset about things that happened and became protective of them, knowing someone's wrong intentions to misuse them. I have Someone better and more equipped to handle all of life's situations. I forgot that. To be honest I had a lot of things surface that I didn't even know existed. I feel I missed out on having a relationship with my father and my children knowing their grandfather but I come to realize not only had I lost that hope but I lost compassion that my father, even so an alcoholic most of my life, has lost more than I. I was selfish in feeling I lost something treasurable because he is in my life, just not very much. I have him nevertheless. So if anyone out there has ever gone through something like this know. God loves you and is your Heavenly Father forever and He wants a close relationship with us all.

I gave it to the Cross last night, literally! I thumb tacked it right on there at church and had me an encounter with God and I am trusting God. I did repent to the Lord for my actions this weekend but best of all He told me He loves me and is here for me. Who can compare to that?

To my dad who will never read this. You have a heart of gold, a real treasure. Unfortunately many don't ever get to see that. I have. I am sorry you are in bondage to this addiction that has robbed you of the love, blessings and relationships here on earth. I know you had a hard life with Vietnam and how it haunts you. I wish I could make it all better for you but only God can....and Dad I give you to GOD, our Father. I love you.

John 1:12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe on His name.


THE PRAYING HANDS


The "Praying Hands" are much, much more than just a work of art, They are the "soul's creations" of a deeply thankful heart.

They are a Priceless Masterpiece that love alone could paint, And they reveal the selflessness of an unheralded saint

These hands so scarred and toilworn, tell the story of a man Who sacrificed his talent in accordance with God's Plan.

For in God's Plan are many things man cannot understand, But we must trust God's judgement and be guided by His Hand -

Sometime He asks us to give up our dreams of happiness, Sometimes we must forego our hopes of fortune and success -

Not all of us can triumph or rise to heights of fame, And many times What Should Be Ours, goes to another Name -

But he who makes a sacrifice, so another may succeed, Is indeed a true disciple of our blessed Saviour's creed -

For when we "give ourselves away" in sacrifice and love, We are "laying up rich treasures" in God's kingdom up above -

And hidden in gnarled, toilworn hands in the truest Art of Living, Achieved alone by those who've learned the "Victory of Giving"

For any sacrifice on earth, made in the dear Lord's name Assures the giver of a place in Heaven's Hall of Fame.

And who can say with certainty Where the Greatest Talent Lies, Or Who Will Be the Greatest In Our Heavenly Father's Eyes!

~Helen Steiner Rice

1 comment:

Roslyn said...

Julie,
As you know, I do know what is going on and how it aches your heart. What a terrible situation to be in. I want you to know that you have done the right thing by turning it over to God. Only He can take something AND someone who as ill-intentions and turn it into something so wonderful and virtuous. He has a plan. Please don't forget that. And there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that happens by chance. And also remember we are not fighting flesh and blood we are fighting powers and principalities. Let's just love on them the best we can and be TRUE SERVANTS!!!!!!


I love you!!!