I am reading a book I actually bought for my husband for Father's Day. I see now I bought it for me and didn't know it. The book is Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick. It was only $10.50 at Church of the Highland's bookstore but it's value is priceless.
I wanted to share with you a portion of it. I hope it blesses you. Leading up to this point the author is saying speaking the Word isn't just for preachers and Bible heroes. If you want to walk in audacious faith and I believe we all do, you have to get really good at preaching God's Word to yourself because you may not always have people around you to motivate you and encourage you... And in those moments you can open God's Word and remind yourself of the truth. You may not feel competent to preach to yourself or know where to get started but below is a compilation of biblical principles to get started that can be applied to your daily life.
Twelve Audacious Faith Confession
1. I am fully forgiven and free form all shame and condemnation. - Romans 8:1-2; Ephesians 1:7-8; 1 John 1:9
2. I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation. - Joshua 10:12-14; John 14:12
3. I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all my heart. - Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:7
4. I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed in my life. - Exodus 3:9-12; Psalm 57:2; Colossians 1:24-29
5. I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do. - Deuteronomy 8:18; Luke 6:38; Philippians 4:13
6. I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me. - Genesis 1:26-27; Psalm 139:13-16; Ephesians 5:25-27
7. I am faithful spouse (if you're single, you can slip future in there) and a godly parent- our family is blessed. - Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Ephesians 5:22-25; Colossians 3:18-19; I Peter 3:1-7
8. I am completely whole-physically mentally, and emotionally. - Psalm 103:1-5; Matthew 8:16-17; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Peter 2:24
9. I am increasing in influence and favor for the kingdom of God. - Genesis 45:4-8; 1 Samuel 2:26; Acts 2:37-47
10. I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12
11. I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make. - 2 Chronicles 1:7-12; Proverbs 2:6; Ecclesiastes 2:26; James 1:5
12. I am protected form all harm and evil in Jesus' name. - Genesis 50:20; Psalm 3: 1-3; Thessalonians 3:2-3
Also, from the book - "How much difference would it make in our lives if we would preach these realities to ourselves" Let's resolve now to preach God's Word in our own hearts daily, emphatically, convincingly!"