Friday, October 10, 2008

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

The poem below has always meant so much to me as a reminder of the impact a mother has in her child's life. Even as a mother 16 years old not fully serving the Lord I knew this poem was so true. I used to have it on my refrigerator for years laminated when my oldest son was a small child. I ran across it the other day just looking on the Internet. Life can bring the sweetest reminders. What a blessing it has always meant to me and I pray it is for you as well.


When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you hang up my first painting on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there is a God I could always talk to.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight, and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I LOOKED
....and wanted to say thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.
(author unknown)





No comments: